Tajine is a Maghrebi dish which is named after the earthenware pot in which it is cooked. Tajine recipes date as far back as the 9th century and have warmed the hearts of many ever since.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until it begins to soften and golden brown.
- Stir in the garlic and spices and cook for a further minute.
- Add all the vegetables to the pan, stir and fry for 5 minutes, pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Tip in the chickpeas and honey, season with salt to taste, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
|Onions (cut into wedges)||2|
|Garlic Cloves (crushed)||3|
|Kishmish Moroccan Tajine Spice||3 tsp|
|Carrots (peeled & cut into chunks)||2|
|Red Pepper (cut into chunks)||1|
|Zucchini (cut into chunks)||2|
|Eggplant (large, cut into chunks)||1|
|Tomatoes (cut into chunks)||2|
|Vegetable Stock||2 cups|
|Cous-cous (steamed)||2 cups|